Tuesday, March 10, 2015

You Will Receive This Blessing If …


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You
Will Receive
This Blessing If …

This reminds me of what Rick Warren said, “Every Promise has a Premise!”

Scripture

Deuteronomy 15

The only prerequisite for his blessing is that you carefully heed all the commands of the Lord your God that I am giving you today. He will bless you as he has promised.

Observation

 Moses was reminding the Hebrew nation that if they wanted God’s blessing then they would have to each live a life of obedience!

This conditional promise still stands for us today! You and I will receive God’s blessing and blessings “IF” and only “IF” we walk in obedience.

Almasi Sims shared with us this past Sunday that if we wanted to be blessed by God then we must be “In Formation”. He went on to say that if we want to be “In Formation” then we need to adhere to and practice these 5 habits and Almasi used the acrostic P.O.W.E.R. to make his point:

P – Pray
O – Obey
W – Worship
E – Evangelize
R – Read (God’s Word)

I want God’s blessing! I want His Face to shine on me. How about You?

Application

I will ask God to examine my heart today and I will ask Him to show me if I am or if I am not walking “In Formation”.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me live this day without Your power. Don’t let me walk in disobedience. 

Praise the Lord! How joyful are those who fear the Lord and delight in obeying his commands. (Psalm 112:1) Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. (Psalm 139:23-24)

Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 13,14,15; Galatians 1

http://www.christfellowshiptampa.com
 

No comments: