Friday, March 20, 2015

I Will Lead A Life Of Integrity


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I
Will Lead
A Life Of Integrity

The choice is ours today. 

Scripture

Psalm 101

I will lead a life of integrity
    in my own home.
I will refuse to look at
    anything vile and vulgar.


Observation

King David desired to be a man of integrity.

 I also read this morning about a man named Achan who was not a man of integrity.

It didn’t turn out very well for him or his family.

20 Achan replied, “It is true! I have sinned against the Lord, the God of Israel. 21 Among the plunder I saw a beautiful robe from Babylon, 200 silver coins, and a bar of gold weighing more than a pound. I wanted them so much that I took them. They are hidden in the ground beneath my tent, with the silver buried deeper than the rest.” Joshua 7:20-21

25 Then Joshua said to Achan, “Why have you brought trouble on us? The Lord will now bring trouble on you.” And all the Israelites stoned Achan and his family and burned their bodies. 26 They piled a great heap of stones over Achan, which remains to this day. That is why the place has been called the Valley of Trouble ever since. Joshua 7:25-26

The choice is ours today. 

We either honor God and live lives of integrity or live only for ourselves and reap the consequences of selfish living!

Application

It is my desire today to live my life in a way that pleases my Heavenly Father. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will sing of your love and justice, Lord. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life—when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. Psalm 101:1-3

 Don’t let me give in to the temptations around me. Give me the strength I need today to live a godly life. Help me live in a way that makes You smile.  Amen

Daily Bible Reading: Joshua 7,8; Psalms 69; 1 Corinthians 5; Psalm 98-102


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: