Wednesday, March 04, 2015

The Lord Rewarded Me For Doing Right


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Lord
Rewarded Me
For Doing Right

Psalm 18 might be just what you need to get you through the rest of this week! 

Scripture

Psalm 18

20 The Lord rewarded me for doing right; (a)  

47 He is the God who pays back those who harm me (a) …

Observation


One of my favorite chapters in the Bible is Psalm 18! Just listen to the first few verses as King David praises His God:

I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.
I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies. Psalm 18:1-3


David had a very intimate relationship with his Heavenly Father. He had amazing confidence in his God. 

Today these two truths jumped out at me. Maybe they can help us today as we deal with the people and as we strive to be people of integrity. 

I know that some of us at times may be tempted to act in ways that are not right. We are tempted to get even. Maybe it is because we are being mistreated or misunderstood by someone and it is hard not to be mean right back. We want to be just as mean as they are. 

So … that is why these two truths are so important for us today:

1.      The Lord will reward us for doing right.
2.      God will pay back those who harm us.

Focus and think about doing the right thing no matter how bad the person hurts you and you can be sure that God will reward you for being a person of integrity. 

King David had the opportunity to kill his enemy King Saul twice but both times he refused to do it. David allowed God to pay back King Saul for his evilness. God rewarded David for doing right.
God promises to reward us for doing good and He promises to pay back those who harm us. 

Application

I will look for someone today that needs to be encouraged. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love you; You are my strength. You are my rock, my fortress, and my savior; You are my rock, in whom I find protection. You are my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.  I call on You. You are worthy of praise, and You save me from my enemies. You will reward me for doing right and You will pay back those who harm me.  Psalm 18:1-3, 20,47  (personalized) 

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 34,35,36; Mark 11; Psalm 17-20


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: