Saturday, March 14, 2015

You Were Chosen To Be Free


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You
Were Chosen
To Be Free

But - There is a war going on inside each one of us today! 

Scripture

Galatians 5

13 My brothers and sisters, you were chosen to be free. But don’t use your freedom as an excuse to live under the power of sin. Instead, serve one another in love.

16 So I say, live by the Holy Spirit’s power. Then you will not do what your desires controlled by sin want you to do.

22 But the fruit the Holy Spirit produces is love, joy and peace. It is being patient, kind and good. It is being faithful 23 and gentle and having control of oneself. There is no law against things of that kind. 

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed their sinful desires to his cross.

Observation

You and I were chosen by God to be free. But did you know that there is a war going on inside us?
17 The desires controlled by sin do not want what the Spirit delights in. And the Spirit does not want what the desires controlled by sin delight in. The two are at war with each other. That’s why you are not supposed to do whatever you want.

You and I are not free to do whatever we want. 

We must make a choice everyday to live under the Holy Spirit’s power. 

When we do the Holy Spirit produces in us love, joy, and peace. He produces patience, kindness, and goodness. And the Holy Spirit produces in us faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

 What would you rather have, desires controlled by sin or desires controlled by God’s Holy Spirit? 


There is a war going on inside each one of us today! 

Application

Today I recognize that there is a war going on inside of me and I yield my desires over to the control and power of God’s Holy Spirit.

How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to live for You today under the power and control of Your Holy Spirit. I want the Fruit of the Spirit to be evident in my life today. Produce in me love, joy and peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.


Daily Bible Reading:  Deuteronomy 25,26,27; Galatians 5

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: