Monday, March 09, 2015

Be Still And Know That I Am God!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be Still
And Know
That I Am God!

I made the mistake of bringing in the newspaper this morning and glancing at the headlines!  “Officials pessimistic about terrorism fight.”

Scripture

God is our refuge and strength,
    always ready to help in times of trouble.


So we will not fear when earthquakes come
    and the mountains crumble into the sea.


Let the oceans roar and foam.
    Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!


10 “Be still, and know that I am God!
    I will be honored by every nation.
    I will be honored throughout the world.”


Observation

I made the mistake of bringing in the newspaper this morning and glancing at the headlines!  “Officials pessimistic about terrorism fight.”

Serious trouble is definitely heading our way!

Thank goodness that I have God’s word and God reassured me this morning through His word that ultimately He will take care of our enemies.

So with the Psalmist this morning I say, God is my refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. And so I need not fear even if the world blows up and the mountains crumble into the sea.


    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Application

This week I will glance at my circumstances and focus on my God. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are my refuge and my strength, a tested help in times of trouble. And so I need not fear even if the world blows up and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam; let the mountains tremble.

There is a river of joy flowing through the city of my God—the sacred home of the God above all gods. God himself is living in that city; therefore it stands unmoved despite the turmoil everywhere. He will not delay his help. The nations rant and rave in anger—but when God speaks, the earth melts in submission and kingdoms totter into ruin.

 The Commander of the armies of heaven is here among us. He, the God of Jacob, has come to rescue us.

Daily Bible Reading: Deuteronomy 10,11,12; Mark 16; Psalm 42-46

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: