Wednesday, April 01, 2015

He Comforts Us In All Our Troubles So That We Can Comfort Others.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He Comforts Us
In All Our Troubles
So That We Can Comfort Others.

I am grateful to be alive! And I am also very thankful to have so many friends that care about us. Kathy and I are blessed!

Scripture

2 Corinthians 1

He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us.

Observation

Why does God allow us to go through hurts, rough times, difficulties, and even tragedies? One reason that He does is so that you and I can comfort others when they go through something similar. 

God comforts us so that we can go and comfort others! 

I shared on Facebook yesterday that on Saturday I collapsed with sudden cardiac arrest and my defibrillator shocked me back to life once again. The last time this happened was right after Adam and Ashley Beasley’s wedding rehearsal dinner. It happened while we were cleaning up after the meal. I think it was July 25, 2012. 

Yesterday, so many people took time to write a note of encouragement to me and to Kathy. Others clicked “like” so we would know that they read what I had written and were thinking about us.
I am grateful to be alive! And I am also very thankful to have so many friends that care about us. Kathy and I are blessed!

Living with a damaged (but still beating) heart has given me a different perspective on others as they go through suffering. I now pray for those that are sick with a lot more intensity. It has caused me to be a lot more concerned for others who are also dealing with health issues, many who are facing far tougher battles than I am having to face.



Application


I will try my best to not grumble and complain about my new set of circumstances. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, All praise to You, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. You are my merciful Father and the source of all comfort. You comfort me in all my troubles so that I can comfort others. When they are troubled, I will be able to give them the same comfort You have given me. I pray for those who are dealing with really big health issues. Show them that they can trust in You. Surround them with Your godly people! Amen. 

Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 11,12; Psalms 50; 2 Corinthians 1

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: