Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Grace Is All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“My Grace
Is
All You Need. My Power Works Best In Weakness.”

I don’t know what you are going through today, but I know that it is hard for me to have a pity party for myself when I read about what the Apostle Paul went through …



Scripture

2 Corinthians 12

Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.”

Observation

The Apostle Paul knew what it felt like to have to deal with health issues. He suffered from something that God would not take away. Paul realized that God allowed this health issue to remain in his life so that Paul would not become proud and independent.

On top of his health issue that he mentions in 2 Corinthians 12 just look at all the other stuff he put up with during his ministry.

Paul says, 

Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes.  Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea.  I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. 

And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not.  I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches. Who is weak without my feeling that weakness? Who is led astray, and I do not burn with anger?” 2 Corinthians 11:24-29

..........................

I don’t know what you are going through today, but I know that it is hard for me to have a pity party for myself when I read about what the Apostle Paul went through or when I just look around and see what other people have to deal with.

God is good … all the time!

Application


I will pray today for those facing surgery and those dealing with health issues.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, as I pray for those facing surgery I pray for them knowing that You are the Great Physician and You will guide the surgeon's hands.  I pray knowing that You are on our side. You are not against us. We serve a living God. We serve a God who loves us. We know that You are Healer. I pray for Robin today. Give her Your supernatural peace as she faces surgery tomorrow. I pray for those I know who have already come through surgery. I pray that You restore them to complete health. Help all of us to realize that when we are weak You are strong! Give us the strength to live out this day in a way that pleases You.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 13; 1 Chronicles 2,3; 2 Corinthians 12

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: