Friday, April 03, 2015

The Godly People In The Land Are My True Heroes! I Take Pleasure In Them!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Godly People In The Land
Are My True Heroes!
I Take Pleasure In Them!

Many of my heroes are at our church. We have lots of young people striving to live godly lives.

Scripture

Psalm 16

The godly people in the land
    are my true heroes!
    I take pleasure in them!


Observation

I think that it was sometime this week when I read about Gideon and the Angel of the Lord called him, “Mighty hero.” He was hiding from the enemy when the Angel of the Lord called him that and I think that it totally shocked Gideon because I don’t think Gideon thought of himself as any kind of a “hero”.

God sees our potential. He alone knows what your potential and my potential is and we probably wouldn’t believe it either even if God sent an angel down to earth to tells us!

Who are your heroes? If it were professional football I would have to say for me it would be quarterback Peyton Manning. College football I would definitely still go with Tim Tebow. In fact, Tim Tebow would also be one of my godly heroes!

Many of my heroes are at our church. We have lots of young people striving to live godly lives. They are making sacrifices for the kingdom of God. They are my true heroes.

Billy Graham, Dr. Waylon Moore, and Dr. Charles Hartwig, yes these men are spiritual giants in my life, but the young godly people at our church are my true heroes!
The angel of the Lord appeared to him and said, “Mighty hero, the Lord is with you!” Judges 6:12
They may not see it yet, but they are our future Gideons, “Mighty heroes”.

Application


I will take pleasure in the godly men and women at our church. 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, true heroes for me are the men and women who are not ashamed to live for You. Thank You for the godly men and women at our church. It is fun to watch how they are growing in Christ. It is a pleasure for me to be in the same church with them. 

I pray for them. Help them to continue to grow. Don’t let them do stupid sins that would take them out of leadership. Protect them. Use them to bring many lost people into your kingdom. Help them to stay focused on You. Don’t let them become discouraged and quit the race. Bless them Lord. May Your face shine on them. Use them for Your glory. They are my heroes. 

Daily Bible Reading: Judges 17,18; Psalms 89; 2 Corinthians 3; Psalm 11-16


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: