Monday, April 27, 2015

“Lord, If It’s You,” Peter Replied, “Tell Me To Come To You On The Water.” “Come,” He Said.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Lord, If It’s You,”
Peter Replied,
“Tell Me To Come To You On The Water.” “Come,” He Said.

It is Monday … Get out of the stinking boat!

Scripture

Matthew 14

28 “Lord, if it’s you,” Peter replied, “tell me to come to you on the water.”
29 “Come,” he said.

Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, “Lord, save me!”

31 Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. “You of little faith,” he said, “why did you doubt?”

Observation

Jesus gives you and me the opportunity to walk by faith. He wants us to get out of the stinking boat of doubt and live the life of faith.

Even though Peter floundered when he saw the big waves he did get out of the boat and he did walk on water. The other disciples stayed in the stinking boat.

God always is calling us to a life of faith a life of trusting in Him. He always is inviting us to walk by faith and not by sight.  

Every Monday we get to start a new week and here is the million-dollar question, will we step out this week by faith or will we stay where it seems safe to us?

Application

I will live this week by faith and not by sight. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, everything seems impossible when we look at them through our eyes of unbelief. Give me eyes of faith. Help me to see that I can trust You with every detail of my life. Nothing is too hard for You. You have always been working in my life to guide and direct me. Don’t let me mess up. Help me to finish well.

Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 2; 1 Chronicles 11; Psalm 142; Matthew 14

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: