Saturday, April 04, 2015

We Know That God, Who Raised The Lord Jesus, Will Also Raise Us With Jesus And Present Us To Himself Together With You.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

We Know That God,
Who Raised The Lord Jesus,
Will Also Raise Us With Jesus And Present Us To Himself Together With You.

That is why we never give up. … For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. 

Scripture

2 Corinthians 4

14 We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you.

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

Observation

Kathy said to me yesterday (Good Friday), “Eddy, have you seen what people are putting up on Facebook today?” She said that many of our friends had put up,

“It’s Friday but Sunday is coming!”

Easter, Resurrection Sunday changes everything!

That is why we never give up!

We don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen!

For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long!

Application

I will enjoy this Saturday knowing that tomorrow we will celebrate Easter! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have this light shining in my heart, but I myself am like a fragile clay jar containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that my great power is from You, not from myself.

 I am pressed on every side by troubles, but I am not crushed. I am perplexed, but not driven to despair. I get knocked down, but am not destroyed. Through suffering, my body continues to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in my body.

That is why I never give up. Though my body is dying, my spirit is being renewed every day. For my present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for me a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 

So I don’t look at the troubles I can see now; rather, I fix my gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things I see now will soon be gone, but the things I cannot see will last forever.  2 Corinthians 4:7-8, 10,16-18 Personalized

Daily Bible Reading:  Judges 19,20,21; 2 Corinthians 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: