Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Listen! Obedience Is Better Than Sacrifice.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Listen!
Obedience Is Better
Than Sacrifice.

God doesn’t want us just going through the motions. No, what He wants is for us to walk in obedience with Him everyday.

Scripture

1 Samuel 15

22 But Samuel replied,
“What is more pleasing to the Lord:
    your burnt offerings and sacrifices
    or your obedience to his voice?


Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
    and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.


Observation

If you and I want to please the LORD then we need to pay attention to what Samuel tells King Saul in 1 Samuel 15!

This is what God had commanded King Saul to do,

Now go and completely destroy the entire Amalekite nation—men, women, children, babies, cattle, sheep, goats, camels, and donkeys.” 1 Samuel 15:3


Obedience … Obedience … Obedience!

King Saul had let his ego get the best of him. God had told Saul to destroy everything, but King Saul decided not to follow God’s command. He had not killed the Amalekite King Agag and he had saved the best animals for himself. When Samuel confronted King Saul with his sin, King Saul excuse was that the animals would be sacrificed to God. And in 1 Samuel 15:12 we find King Saul after defeating the Amalekites went to the town of Carmel to set up a monument to himself.

God doesn’t want us just going through the motions. No, what He wants is for us to walk in obedience with Him everyday.

But he said, “Far more blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it!” Luke 11:28

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. John 14:21a

Application

I will strive to walk in obedience knowing that it is the only way to please my Heavenly Father.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that we all have the same tendency that King Saul had and that is to put ourselves on the throne of our lives. You must be Number One in my life. I know that I must walk each day surrendering my will to You. 

It is my desire to live for You today and not for myself. Direct my thoughts and control my mouth and my actions. Don’t let me do stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You. 

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 15,16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1; Psalm 68-72

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: