Friday, April 10, 2015

“If You Want To Boast, Boast Only About The LORD.”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“If You Want To Boast,
Boast
Only About The LORD.”

Last night Kathy and I had the opportunity to go to the Adonai House to celebrate with “JR” James Russell on his completion of 14 months of sobriety.

Scripture

2 Corinthians 10

17 As the Scriptures say, “If you want to boast, boast only about the Lord.”
 
Jeremiah 9:24

But if people want to brag, let them brag
    that they understand and know me.
Let them brag that I am the Lord,
    and that I am kind and fair,
    and that I do things that are right on earth.
This kind of bragging pleases me,” says the Lord. NCV

Observation

Last night Kathy and I had the opportunity to go to the Adonai House to celebrate with “JR” James Russell on his completion of 14 months of sobriety. JR is leaving Tampa in the morning and is heading back to his home in Knoxville, Tennessee where he will start his life all over. He has a fresh start on life. Jesus is now JR’s Lord and Savior!

His life has been transformed. He owes it all to the Lord Jesus Christ!

I found out last night that before coming to the Adonai house JR’s longest stretch of sobriety was 6 days. He shared that he had not been able to pass 6 days of sobriety in over 15 years!

I am very proud of JR and all of the men that are working hard on their recovery, but all the credit goes to the Lord Jesus Christ.

God has used Jason and Robin Vosler in a miraculous way in the lives of these men, but all our bragging today will be on the Lord who makes recovery possible. Jason and his staff are tools in the Hands of our Powerful Lord Jesus Christ!

JR will always be a special friend. God brings people into your life like JR just to enrich our lives. The opportunity to know JR and see what God has done in his life makes my faith a lot stronger. It gives me hope for those in my family who are still struggling with life and are not yet walking in victory!

Application

I promise to keep up with JR and I will continue to pray for him as he goes to Tennessee. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, today I praise You for what You have done in the life of JR! I brag on You today. You are awesome! You alone are worthy of praise! Thank You for changing my life and thank You for changing the life of my friend. I pray that You use JR in the lives of many and I pray that You never let him go back to the old life that he has been rescued from. Use him Lord to bring You much glory and honor. Use him to rescue people from the empty, hopeless life, the life of destruction.

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 8,9,10; 2 Corinthians 10

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: