Wednesday, April 08, 2015

Whatever You Give Is Acceptable If You Give It Eagerly


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Whatever You Give
Is Acceptable
If You Give It Eagerly

… “Jesus Christ, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, so that by His poverty He could make you rich.”

Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have.

Observation

You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

Everything that I face today I face knowing that Jesus Christ is on my side. He became poor to make me rich. 

Looking back on my life I can see how God has always taken care of me and He has always taken care of my family. He has been so good to us. We have been truly blessed.

So when the future seems to look bleak I must take my eyes off of my circumstances and look to the God of Heaven who gave His only Son to die for me. 

Our giving and our sacrifice should always be done eagerly because of what Christ has done for us. 

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

 Application

I will look at ways to be generous today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me keep my eyes focused on You. Give me the faith I need to trust You with our daily needs. You are the Mighty God. You have provided everything that I need to live a godly life. Help me to hold on to Your promises and don’t let me doubt Your provision or Your care for my family and me.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 3,4,5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: