Friday, April 17, 2015

People Do Not Live By Bread Alone, But By Every Word That Comes From The Mouth Of God


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

People
Do Not Live By Bread Alone,
But By Every Word That Comes From The Mouth Of God

How much time do you allow for yourself to hear from God through reading His Word? Is it daily … a couple of times during the week … or just on Sunday? 


Scripture

Matthew 4

During that time the devil came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”

But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,

‘People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’

Observation

 I can remember soon after giving my life to Christ going to a Navigator’s Conference and at the conference I memorized Matthew 4:4. The Navigators are huge on scripture memory and studying the Word of God. 

Google them and check out all of their resources. Dawson Trotman started this ministry. 

It was an all men’s conference and when we sang during the worship time of the conference you would have thought that you had died and gone to Heaven. It was so powerful!

Living the Christian life is all about hearing the Word of God and putting His Word into practice.
How much time do you allow for yourself to hear from God through reading His Word? 

Have you taken the time today to open up your Bible to allow God to speak to you? 

You probably have your Bible on your phone, but have you slowed down to hear from God today?
Why not stop right now and read His Word! 

Jeremiah 15:16

16 Your words are what sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear your name, O Lord.

Application

I will enjoy God’s Word today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your words are what sustain me; they are food to my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me. How proud I am to bear your name, O Lord.    I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Your word is a lamp for my feet and a light for my path. Jeremiah 15:16; Psalm 119:11, 105

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 19; 1 Chronicles 7; Psalm 59; Matthew 4

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: