Friday, April 24, 2015

Come To Me, All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens, And I Will Give You Rest.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Come To Me,
All Of You Who Are Weary And Carry Heavy Burdens,
And I Will Give You Rest.

Heavenly Father, my heart goes out to people who live everyday like You do not exist. I know that they should know better. Many of them grew up going to church.

Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” NLT


28-30 “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 (Message)

Observation

It is Friday. R U burned out?

Stop … Listen to Jesus. He is speaking to you and He is speaking to me this weekend!

.

“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. 

Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 

Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” Matthew 11:28-30 (Message)


.
So if we keep company with Jesus then and only then will we learn to how to really live!

1 Peter 5:7

    Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.

Psalm 55:22 

    Give your burdens to the Lord. He will carry them. He will not permit the godly to slip or fall.

 Psalm 68:19

    What a glorious Lord! He who daily bears our burdens also gives us our salvation.

Application

I will let the Lord carry my burdens today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, my heart goes out to people who live everyday like You do not exist. I know that they should know better. Many of them grew up going to church. 

Help those in my family who struggle everyday with life. I know how they feel. Until I totally trusted in You I felt the same way. 

They are worn out. They carry heavy loads. Show them somehow that they can turn all of life’s problems over to You. Don’t let them go through their entire lives depending on themselves when all they have to do is put their trust and faith in You. Change the direction of their lives Lord. Change the direction of their lives soon Lord they are missing so much. 

Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 28,29; Psalm 109; Matthew 11

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: