Wednesday, April 15, 2015

You Come To Me With Sword, Spear, And Javelin, But I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

You Come To Me With Sword, Spear, And Javelin,
But
I Come To You In The Name Of The LORD Of Heaven’s Armies

Enemies, obstacles, difficulties, opposition, or health issues, what giant is staring at you this morning?

Scripture

1 Samuel 17

45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

Observation

David and Goliath is one of my favorite Bible stories and I bet it is one of your favorites too.

This story is recorded in the Bible for a reason. God has placed every story that is found in the Bible for a reason. The stories show us the awesome, powerful God we serve and how He can take care of us if we will only put Him first in our lives.

Just think about it … no other gods are even close to being like our God!

What giants are you facing? David didn’t even bat an eye as he went out to face Goliath. What Goliath do you and I need to take down today?

Enemies, obstacles, difficulties, opposition, or health issues, what giant is staring at you this morning?

Philippians  4:13 

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

Psalm 56:9-11

My enemies will retreat when I call to you for help.
    This I know: God is on my side!
10 I praise God for what he has promised;
    yes, I praise the Lord for what he has promised.
11 I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?
    What can mere mortals do to me?


Application

I will trust in the LORD of Heaven’s Armies today about every challenging issue that comes up today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the faith that David had when faced Goliath. Help me to trust You with every problem that comes my way. Don’t let me shrink back. Don’t let me doubt Your power and Your strength. I praise You for what you have promised. I trust in You, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? Amen.


Daily Bible Reading:  1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: