Thursday, April 30, 2015

Go Down To The Lake And Throw In A Line. Open The Mouth Of The First Fish You Catch, And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Go Down To The Lake And Throw In A Line.
Open The Mouth Of The First Fish You Catch,
And You Will Find A Large Silver Coin.

Probably because I am going fishing with Darin Crofton in just a few minutes was the reason that this passage got my attention.


Scripture

Matthew 17

“Well, then,” Jesus said, “the citizens are free! 27 However, we don’t want to offend them, so go down to the lake and throw in a line. Open the mouth of the first fish you catch, and you will find a large silver coin. Take it and pay the tax for both of us.”


Observation

Probably because I am going fishing with Darin Crofton in just a few minutes was the reason that this passage got my attention. I have always enjoyed reading this story and it always speaks to my life.

My God has a million ways for providing for my family and me.

Jesus was teaching Peter a lesson. It was a lesson all about “trust”.

Peter was to go hook and line fishing rather than using a net and he was to open the mouth of the very first fish that he caught and he would find a coin in the fish’s mouth to take care of their taxes.

How strange is that?

I wonder how long Peter kept fishing after he caught the first one? I bet from then on he looked down in every fish’s mouth to see if there were any more surprises!

………….

Just got back from going out on the boat around the Causeway with Darin. The wind must have been blowing 25 miles per hour. Not a good fishing day but a great time out on the water with “D”. So glad that he and Stephanie are serving the Lord with us at Christ Fellowship!

Application

I will trust the Lord to take care of me. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your word this morning. Thank You for the stories like the one this morning that show me that I can totally trust You in every circumstance. Thank You for our young leaders at Christ Fellowship. Bless them. Show them Your love, Your power, and Your goodness! Protect them from the evil one. Keep them from stupid sins that would mess up Your call on their lives.


Daily Bible Reading:  2 Samuel 6; 1 Chronicles 13; Psalm 68; Matthew 17

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: