Sunday, September 18, 2016

How Can I Know All The Sins Lurking In My Heart?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Can
I Know
All The Sins Lurking In My Heart? 


Scripture

Psalm 19

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
    Cleanse me from these hidden faults.


13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.


Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.



Observation

Sin!

That one word will probably keep you from reading anything else that I write in this blog!

Our Sunday School lesson this morning is titled, “One Great Problem” and the main point of the lesson is “Without Christ we are condemned forever.”

God has a purpose for you and for me. It is to bring Him glory and grow in our relationship with Him. Sin is what keeps messing us up!

You and I are sinners!

But what caught my attention as I was reading this chapter was the word “lurking” and that is what I want us to think about this morning.

I Googled the word “lurking” and here is what I found, “remain hidden so as to wait in ambush for someone or something”.

Lurking in our hearts, hidden waiting to ambush us and destroy us is sin!

How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have tried hard to find you— don’t let me wander from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

Because “Sin” likes to hide in our hearts we should intentionally hide God’s word in our hearts so sin doesn’t have any room in our hearts to hide! 


Ephesians 1:7
    He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven.

Application


I will guard my heart and I will confess my sins and not continue in them. 


“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23

    “But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.” 1 John 1:9

Prayer

Heavenly Father, May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Don’t let me hold on to sin in my heart. Show me when I sin and help me to confess it. I don’t want it lurking in my heart where it can destroy me. Don’t let me do stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You and my relationship with those around me. 


   


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 45,46; Luke 1; Psalm 19, Psalm 119, Proverbs 19



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: