Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Jesus Was Tempted By The Devil For Forty Days.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Jesus
Was Tempted
By The Devil For Forty Days. 



Scripture

Luke 4

Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness, where he was tempted by the devil for forty days. Jesus ate nothing all that time and became very hungry.

Then the devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become a loaf of bread.”

But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone.’

Then the devil took him up and revealed to him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. “I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them,” the devil said, “because they are mine to give to anyone I please. I will give it all to you if you will worship me.”

Jesus replied, “The Scriptures say,
‘You must worship the Lord your God
    and serve only him.’


Then the devil took him to Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! 10 For the Scriptures say,
‘He will order his angels to protect and guard you.

11 And they will hold you up with their hands
    so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’


12 Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the Lord your God.’

Observation

Jesus was tempted in the wilderness by Satan for 40 days and probably most days after that!

Don’t kid yourself if you think Satan and his demons are going to leave us alone. You and I are going to be tempted to compromise our faith.

When you and I are tempted and when we yield to that temptation and sin, sadly, we then often times try to justify our action by saying to ourselves and even to others “this is not a problem for me.” I can handle it!

What a lie straight out of the pit of Hell!

Jesus used scripture to respond back to each temptation that Satan put before Him and we had better do the same thing.

Let’s quit trying to justify and/or hide our sin. Let’s memorize scripture that will help us withstand the fiery darts of the devil.

He is coming to mess you up. He wants to destroy you and your family.

Let’s arm ourselves with the Word of God!

 Are you struggling with a temptation and it is constantly on your mind? Check these verses out:

1 Peter 5:6-9

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.
 
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith.


Application

I will fight the devil’s temptations with the Word of God. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that greater is He that lives in me than he that is in this world. Even knowing that fact I am still tempted to sin. Give me strength not to yield to the temptations around me. Don’t let me compromise my faith. Help me to stand firm and help me to be strong in my faith!

I pray for others who are struggling with temptation and are trying to justify yielding to the temptation. Open their eyes so that they can clearly see the destruction that yielding and sinning will bring. Open their eyes Lord. Open their eyes and give them strength. Help them to stand firm and to be strong in their faith.


Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 7,8; Psalms 137; Luke 4



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: