Monday, September 12, 2016

But Even If He Doesn’t, We Want To Make It Clear To You, Your Majesty, That We Will Never Serve Your gods Or Worship The Gold Statue You Have Set Up.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But Even If He Doesn’t, We Want To Make It Clear To You, Your Majesty,
That We Will Never
Serve Your gods Or Worship The Gold Statue You Have Set Up.



Scripture

Daniel 3

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”

22 And because the king, in his anger, had demanded such a hot fire in the furnace, the flames killed the soldiers as they threw the three men in. 23 So Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, securely tied, fell into the roaring flames.

24 But suddenly, Nebuchadnezzar jumped up in amazement and exclaimed to his advisers, “Didn’t we tie up three men and throw them into the furnace?”

“Yes, Your Majesty, we certainly did,” they replied.

25 “Look!” Nebuchadnezzar shouted. “I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!”

Observation

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego took a stand. Their decision not to bow down to the statue of Nebuchadnezzar got them into more than just hot water it got them thrown into a fiery furnace!

The prophet Daniel took a stand and it got him thrown into a den of lions.

God wants us to take a stand!

God wants us to live differently than the rest of the world. He wants us to stay away from sin and ungodliness. God wants us to bring Him glory. He wants us to honor
Him with the way we live.

Does this honor God? Does this bring Him glory?

Whatever it is, whatever we are doing or getting ready to do this should always be the underlying principle that guides our lives, “Does this honor God and does it bring Him glory?”

Sometimes the decision to honor and glorify God with our lives may be costly. It may get us into a fiery furnace or thrown into a den of lions, but we can be sure of this, God will be with us and He will never forsake us. 

 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10 

When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. For I am the Lord, your God,” Isaiah 43:2-3

Application

I will strive to honor and glorify God by the way I live. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to honor You. I want to bring You glory by the way I live. Help me not to do stupid sins. Help me make good decisions and choices. Guide my life in the way that You want me to go. Give me the boldness and the courage of Daniel, and the faith of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 3,4; Psalms 81; Revelation 17




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: