Sunday, September 04, 2016

Guard Your Heart Above All Else, For It Determines The Course Of Your Life.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Guard Your Heart
Above All Else,
For It Determines The Course Of Your Life.
 

Scripture

Proverbs 4
23 Guard your heart above all else,
    for it determines the course of your life.


Observation

This will probably be my last blog I post for a week!

We leave this morning after the 9 am worship service and head for Crystal River to help with the flood victims from Hurricane Hermine. 

I think we will be in the Cedar Key area where the Hurricane caused the most damage. Not sure if we will have WiFi where we are staying and I have decided not to take my laptop anyway.

“Guard your heart above all else” it is so easy to let things penetrate and get into our hearts.

Words are deadly! Guard your heart!

Sin is so destructive. Guard your heart!

Your spouse or significant other may talk down to you with vicious hurtful words. Don’t let those words into your heart. Don’t believe them. Don’t accept them as true.

Speak God’s truth into the hearts of your children and into the heart of your spouse. Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.

Change how you talk to people especially your spouse and your children.

Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing. Proverbs 12:18

How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.  I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. Psalm 119:9,11

   




Application


I will try to speak truth into the lives of the people around me. I will guard my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to go on this Disaster Relief trip. Protect Kathy while I am gone. I pray for the people that we will help. I pray that they would be open to the Gospel. I pray that they will see Jesus in us. I pray for the couple that may be reading this blog that has forgotten how to speak to each other in love. Help them put into practice Proverbs 12:18. Help me to guard my heart. Don’t let me do stupid sins. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 22,23,24; Revelation 9; Psalm 4, Psalm 104: Proverbs 4





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: