Tuesday, September 20, 2016

I Am Counting On The LORD; Yes, I Am Counting On Him. I Have Put My Hope In His Word.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am Counting On The LORD;
Yes, I Am Counting On Him.
I Have Put My Hope In His Word. 




Scripture

Psalm 130

I am counting on the Lord;
    yes, I am counting on him.
    I have put my hope in his word.


I long for the Lord
    more than sentries long for the dawn,
    yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.


Observation

Totally helpless! Have you ever felt like that?

I don’t know about you, but there are times, lots of them, when I feel this way as I try to help people. I feel totally helpless.

And maybe you have felt this same way too!

God knew that we would feel this way. He has the solution for us and it is called “intercession”.

God doesn’t expect us to fix everyone’s problems, but He does expect us to pray for them. He has given me and He has given you if you are a Christ-Follower the ministry of intercession.

He wants us to rely on Him and He wants us to pray for those that He brings into our lives.

During the night last night I was constantly praying for a couple who desperately need God’s help. I can’t fix them, but I can lift them up to my God who can.

I am counting on the LORD; yes, I am counting on Him. I have put my hope in His Word. I long for the LORD …

You and I are not helpless. We have direct access to the King of Kings! Nothing is too hard for Him! 

 Romans 8:11 “The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. …”

“Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.” James 5:16

The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. 1 Timothy 2:1 (MESSAGE)

“And you are helping us by praying for us. …” 2 Corinthians 1:11a

Application

I will not give up praying for those that God places on my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when things look really gloomy for those around me I know that I can lift them up to You in prayer. I know that You hear me. I know that nothing is too hard for You. I can’t do it. I can’t fix people, but I know that You can. Please do what I can’t do. Bring healing into broken relationships. Bring people back to a right relationship with You and with each other. Don’t let Satan get the victory in their lives. Transform them Lord. Transform them. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 5,6; Psalms 130; Luke 3



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: