Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Keep On Asking, Keep On Seeking, Keep On Knocking!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Keep On Asking,
Keep On Seeking,
Keep On Knocking!


Scripture

Luke 11

“And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “You fathers—if your children ask for a fish, do you give them a snake instead? 12 Or if they ask for an egg, do you give them a scorpion? Of course not! 13 So if you sinful people know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him.”

Observation

We have a Heavenly Father that sacrificed His One and only Son on a cross for us. He cares that much for us. We can go to Him in prayer knowing that He will answer us. He has our back. Jesus told us that we should pray and never give up. 

We should be persistent in prayer with confidence! Think about this, if God answered us immediately every time we asked Him for something that would require little or no faith on our part. 

 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. … And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb. Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise.” Romans 4:18-20

Our Heavenly Father knows best and He knows exactly when and how to answer our prayers.
“One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up.” Luke 18:1

“Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else?” Romans 8:32

“…The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.” James 5:16

Application


I will keep on asking, seeking, knocking in prayer and I will not give up! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am holding on to Your Promises. I refuse to give up. Give me the faith of Abraham. May my faith grow stronger and stronger just like it did Abraham’s life. I am blessed. I have a personal relationship with You, the Creator of the Universe. You know everything that I need. And I know that You want to answer my prayers. Help me to keep my prayers focused on the needs of those around me. I know that You heal and that You give Eternal Life in response to my prayers and the prayers of others. You answer our prayers because it brings You Glory and Honor. You are All-Powerful! Nothing is too hard for You. You are Faithful. You always keep Your Promises. 



Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 1,2,3; Luke 11



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: