Saturday, September 24, 2016

“Your Sins Are Forgiven”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Your
Sins
Are Forgiven”




Scripture

Luke 7

41 Then Jesus told him this story: “A man loaned money to two people—500 pieces of silver to one and 50 pieces to the other. 42 But neither of them could repay him, so he kindly forgave them both, canceling their debts. Who do you suppose loved him more after that?”

43 Simon answered, “I suppose the one for whom he canceled the larger debt.”

“That’s right,” Jesus said.  

44 Then he turned to the woman and said to Simon, “Look at this woman kneeling here. When I entered your home, you didn’t offer me water to wash the dust from my feet, but she has washed them with her tears and wiped them with her hair. 45 You didn’t greet me with a kiss, but from the time I first came in, she has not stopped kissing my feet. 46 You neglected the courtesy of olive oil to anoint my head, but she has anointed my feet with rare perfume.

47 “I tell you, her sins—and they are many—have been forgiven, so she has shown me much love. But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.” 48 Then Jesus said to the woman, “Your sins are forgiven.”

Observation

Anger… Rage… Hate… Violence…It is all we read about and all we hear about when we read the newspaper or turn on the television. Brokenness … Humility …  Peace .. and Forgiveness … and Love is what I hear about when I go to church, and everyday when I read my Bible! 

I can’t imagine what my life would be like without the latter two! I know that I could do without the newspaper and the television! Forgiveness is a gift. Have you received God’s gift of forgiveness?

The woman that was kneeling at Jesus’ feet was a sinner. In brokenness she humbled herself wiping Jesus’ feet with her hair and with the tears of a repentant heart, then she anointed his feet with expensive perfume. Nothing was going to stop her from showing her great love for Christ!

Our love relationship with Jesus Christ – Is it hot or cold? – Is it lukewarm?  – Are we just going through the motions? Maybe even playing church? … Or do we really love our Lord? How are we showing it? What are we doing (because in doing it we bring glory and honor to Christ) or what have we decided not to do (because by doing it we bring dishonor or by doing it we bring no glory to Christ)!

I used to drink alcohol when I first became a Christian and I used to chew 2 packs of chewing tobacco (Red Man) a day. Neither of those 2 things brought any honor or glory to the Lord and the Holy Spirit let me know it. It has been over 45 years ago since I let those 2 things go and you know I have done just fine without them.

“But a person who is forgiven little shows only little love.”  

“And whatever you do or say, do it as a representative of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through him to God the Father.” Colossians 3:17

Jesus replied, “‘You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’  This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:37-39

 Application

I will try my best to show my love for Jesus by the way I live my life. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for gifting me forgiveness and giving me Eternal Life. I am a sinner. I don’t deserve Your love. Thank You for loving me. Thank You Lord for allowing me to experience the abundant life that You promised Your followers in John 10:10.

I pray for those that do not know what they are missing. Those who are close to me that just struggle and struggle with life when all they need to do is humble themselves and seek Your forgiveness.

I pray that their spiritual eyes would be open so they can enjoy life like I have been able to enjoy it. Help them to humble themselves and turn to You. Whatever it takes Lord for them to have a relationship with You I pray … whatever it takes!



Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 1; Psalms 84,85; Luke 7






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: