Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Those Who Love Their Children Care Enough To Discipline Them


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Those Who Love
Their Children
Care Enough To Discipline Them




Scripture

Proverbs 13

24 Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children.
    Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.


Observation

For some reason what God has said in scripture, in the eyes of some Christians, is now no longer the correct thing to do.

The rod of discipline has now become taboo as a way to correct your child and the parent or grandparent may even be punished if they try to obey what God says in His Word.

Now I will be the first to admit that when I spanked my children I didn’t always do it the right way. I would sometimes spank them in anger and they got more than they deserved!

And spanking them was not always the best form of correction because each one of our children was so different.

My Mom, who was not a Christian when we were growing up, her favorite form of punishment, was sending us out to get a switch off of the cherry bush. I can remember getting switched with that cherry switch and my legs were bleeding from the scratches left by the switch! 

My Mom didn’t mess around when it came to correction! And it didn’t (permanently) hurt me one bit!

Remember this: Whatever form of correction we decide to use for correcting those we love must be done in love!

It must be consistent.

If you threaten correction you must follow through and do what you said you were going to do. Don’t just keep making empty threats! It drives me crazy when I hear parents do that!

Don’t correct in anger.

But please … do care enough to discipline your children! 

 Application

I care enough to discipline. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, it seems like our world is out of control. Chaos in the classroom and no respect for those in authority seems like the order of the day. I believe what You say in Your Word. Help all of us to care enough to discipline those we love. Help us to discipline in the right way. Show us when we do things out of anger and help us to control our emotions when we need to discipline our children and grandchildren. I pray for our young couples that are raising their children in such difficult times. Give them wisdom and strength!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 33,34,35; Revelation 18; Psalm 13, Psalm 113, Proverbs 13






Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: