Friday, September 30, 2016

LORD, If You Kept A Record Of Our Sins, Who, O Lord, Could Ever Survive?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

LORD, If You Kept A Record Of Our Sins,
Who, O Lord,
Could Ever Survive? 


 Scripture

Psalm 130

From the depths of despair, O Lord,
    I call for your help.
Hear my cry, O Lord.
    Pay attention to my prayer.

Lord, if you kept a record of our sins,
    who, O Lord, could ever survive?
But you offer forgiveness,
    that we might learn to fear you.


Observation

You and I are sinners! God offers us forgiveness through the death of His One and only Son Jesus Christ on the cross. 

You and I must turn from sin and self and turn to God (repent) and we must receive the forgiveness that Jesus paid for with His death on the cross. 

If you have never asked Jesus Christ to be Lord and Savior of your life then you have never received God’s offer of forgiveness. 

Jesus said in Luke 13:5, “… and I tell you again that unless you repent, you will perish, too.”
When you and I place our faith in what Jesus Christ did on the cross for us we receive Eternal Life and God’s gift of forgiveness! 

At nineteen I surrendered my life to Jesus Christ and I asked Him to come into my life and save me. He did. 

My life has never been the same since that day. I am still a sinner, but I have been forgiven!

What is holding you back? Talk to Him right now and ask Him to save you. Cry out to the Lord. He will hear your prayer. 

 Application

I will share the Good News that Jesus saves to everyone that will listen! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will pray Psalm 30 back to You this morning:

I will exalt you, Lord, for you rescued me.
    You refused to let my enemies triumph over me.
O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
    and you restored my health.
You brought me up from the grave, O Lord.
    You kept me from falling into the pit of death.

Sing to the Lord, all you godly ones!
    Praise his holy name.
For his anger lasts only a moment,
    but his favor lasts a lifetime!
Weeping may last through the night,
    but joy comes with the morning.



Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 7,8,9; Luke 13, Psalm 30, Psalm 130; Proverbs 30



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: