Thursday, September 29, 2016

Life Is Not Measured By How Much You Own


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Life
Is Not Measured
By How Much You Own


Scripture

Luke 12

15 …”Life is not measured by how much you own.”

16 Then he told them a story: “A rich man had a fertile farm that produced fine crops. 17 He said to himself, ‘What should I do? I don’t have room for all my crops.’ 18 Then he said, ‘I know! I’ll tear down my barns and build bigger ones. Then I’ll have room enough to store all my wheat and other goods. 19 And I’ll sit back and say to myself, “My friend, you have enough stored away for years to come. Now take it easy! Eat, drink, and be merry!”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?’

21 “Yes, a person is a fool to store up earthly wealth but not have a rich relationship with God.”

22 Then, turning to his disciples, Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?
 
31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Observation

Let’s not be a fool! Life is not measured by how much stuff you and I own!

This rich fool stored up all of his riches in barns for himself and thought he could just sit back and eat, drink, and be merry!

What a fool!

Jesus tells us in verse twenty-one how we should measure whether we are successful or not – do we have a rich relationship with God?

Let’s not be fools! Wherever our treasure is, there our heart will be also.

So whether you are trusting in hundreds of billions of dollars, hundreds of millions, hundreds of thousands, or just hundreds – you my friend are a fool!


Application

I will seek the Kingdom of God above all else. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I don’t know how long I have on this planet. I do know that I have fewer days or fewer hours than I did yesterday. Help me make the best use of my time. Don’t let me be a fool. Help those reading this blog have a rich relationship with You. It is what I desire. You know my heart. I want to grow closer everyday to You. Keep me away from stupid sins that mess my relationship up with You. Remind me all the time what is important in life and what is not. Don’t let me get sidetracked and distracted with things that are not important to You. 


Daily Bible Reading: Zechariah 4,5,6; Luke 12




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: