Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Son Of Man, Can These Bones Become Living People Again?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Son Of Man,
Can These Bones
Become Living People Again? 


Scripture

Ezekiel 37 

The Lord took hold of me, and I was carried away by the Spirit of the Lord to a valley filled with bones. He led me all around among the bones that covered the valley floor. They were scattered everywhere across the ground and were completely dried out. Then he asked me, “Son of man, can these bones become living people again?”

“O Sovereign Lord,” I replied, “you alone know the answer to that.”

Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to these bones and say, ‘Dry bones, listen to the word of the Lord! This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Look! I am going to put breath into you and make you live again! I will put flesh and muscles on you and cover you with skin. I will put breath into you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”

So I spoke this message, just as he told me. Suddenly as I spoke, there was a rattling noise all across the valley. The bones of each body came together and attached themselves as complete skeletons. Then as I watched, muscles and flesh formed over the bones. Then skin formed to cover their bodies, but they still had no breath in them.

Then he said to me, “Speak a prophetic message to the winds, son of man. Speak a prophetic message and say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Come, O breath, from the four winds! Breathe into these dead bodies so they may live again.’”

10 So I spoke the message as he commanded me, and breath came into their bodies. They all came to life and stood up on their feet—a great army.


Observation

Hope! 

When I pray for some of you and what you are going through I pray with the confidence found in passages like this one in Ezekiel 37 or the description of Jesus Christ found in Revelation 19!
My God is All-Powerful! Nothing is too hard for Him to do! 

I was reminded of Romans 8:11 when I read this passage. 

God is so powerful!  

“The Spirit of the God who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you. So the God who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your bodies. He will do this because of his Spirit who lives in you.” Romans 8:11

What are you going through? 

If you and I are Christ followers, believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, if our names are written in the Lambs book of life, then the Spirit of God that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, that same Holy Spirit that gave life to these “dry bones” will take care of you and He will take care of me. 

Be encouraged this morning with these verses found in Romans 8, 

And the Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words. And the Father who knows all hearts knows what the Spirit is saying, for the Spirit pleads for us believers in harmony with God’s own will.  And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:26-28

Application

I will pray boldly and I will pray with confidence knowing that my God hears me and He wants to give me the desires of my heart. How about you? How will you pray?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You can take “dry bones” and breathe life back into them. You are All-Powerful. Nothing is too hard for You. Nothing is impossible for You. I pray for those facing things that are “impossible” today. Give them strength. Help them to trust You in spite of what they are facing. Do a supernatural work in their lives. Don’t let them lose hope. Increase their faith today! I pray that You become the most important Person in their life, more important than anything or anyone else!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 36,37; Psalms 110; Revelation 19




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: