Monday, September 26, 2016

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower, You Must Give Up Your Own Way, Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If Any Of You Wants To Be My Follower,
You Must Give Up Your Own Way,
Take Up Your Cross Daily, And Follow Me. 


Scripture

Luke 9

23 … “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must give up your own way, take up your cross daily, and follow me. 24 If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it. 25 And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but are yourself lost or destroyed?

Observation

What Jesus is telling us is that we need to put to death our own plans and desires, and then turn our lives over to Him and do His will every day. 

If we are unwilling and if we are still trying to justify questionable behavior or if we have friends and family pointing out harmful habits, but we refuse to change … then we are refusing to take up our cross! 

As Dr. Waylon B. Moore reminded us in a sermon two Sunday’s ago – “our cross is portable - we can pick it up and we can lay it down.”

Is Christ the master of my life? Have I put to death my own plans and committed myself to His will for my life? 

Don’t be satisfied with anything less, for there is no greater joy in life than following Christ every day.


Application


I will take up my cross and I will follow Jesus. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my heart. I want to live for You. I want to bring You glory by the way I live. Show me how to take up my cross. Guide and direct my life. Show me what Your will for my life is this week. Show me Your will for today. I want to follow You.

I pray for men that are at a cross road in their life. You are calling them to take up their cross. They are struggling with the old life, with old habits and addictions. Give them the power and strength to let those old habits go. Give them the ability to follow You with all of their heart and all of their might. I want to see their lives changed Lord. Change them. Empower them to walk in victory. Empower them to put You first!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 4; Psalms 113; Psalms 127; Luke 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: