Friday, September 23, 2016

What You Say Flows From What Is In Your Heart


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

What You Say
Flows
From What Is In Your Heart



Scripture

Luke 6

45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

Have you ever had someone say to you, “Oh, I know they said that but they didn’t really mean it”? Or maybe someone has said to you, “I know they said that but they are not really like that.” 

Baloney! 

What is in your heart and what is in my heart comes out through our mouths! 

That is why we need to learn to say these 3 phrases: I love you. I am sorry. Will you forgive me? 

Put this verse on your refrigerator, “Careless words stab like a sword, but wise words bring healing.” Proverbs 12:18

“Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.” Proverbs 4:23

"The human heart is most deceitful and desperately wicked. Who really knows how bad it is?” Jeremiah 17:9

“How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.” Psalm 19:12

“Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires.” Psalm 51:10

Application

I will guard my heart. I will ask for forgiveness when ugly, hurtful things come out of my mouth because of my sinful heart. How about you? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to guard my heart. Help me to be careful with the words that come out of my mouth. Create in me a new clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires.    May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. Proverbs 12:18 Psalm 51:10, Psalm 19:14 (Personalized)



   

Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 11,12; Luke 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: