Thursday, September 22, 2016

But If You Say So


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

But
If
You Say So


Scripture

Luke 5

When he had finished speaking, he said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish.”

“Master,” Simon replied, “we worked hard all last night and didn’t catch a thing. But if you say so, I’ll let the nets down again.”  

And this time their nets were so full of fish they began to tear! A shout for help brought their partners in the other boat, and soon both boats were filled with fish and on the verge of sinking.

Observation

I love this story!

Take a minute and read Luke 5 maybe it will become one of your favorites too!

Obedience is the key to living a victorious Christian life.

This was a test for Jesus’ followers. Would they be obedient to His Word?

They were the fishermen and He was a carpenter. … But He would show them that He was more than a carpenter – He would show them that He is God!

Last night some of the guys in our men’s small group came straight from work. They were probably tired and hungry. They didn’t have time to change out of their work clothes.

They didn’t have time to go home and get a shower and clean up. One of them has to fight traffic from his work place in St. Pete and yet he never misses a Wednesday!

These guys are modeling what Jesus wants all of us to learn! Obedience – whether we feel like it or not! It is the key to living a victorious Christian life!

What step of obedience is Jesus asking you and me to take? 

 “…Blessed are those who hear God’s word and obey it.”  Luke 11:28

Application

I will strive to be obedient to what I know God has asked me to do. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You more than anyone else know how selfish I am. You know how easy it is for me to do what I want to do rather than seek Your guidance. Help me to pray first. Help me to be obedient. Help me make You smile!

I pray for the guys that are coming to our men’s group. Help these men live godly lives. Help them make good choices this week. Give them a desire to be in Your Word. Help them to be the best husbands, the best fathers, and I pray that people will see Jesus in them.

Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 9,10; Psalms 123; Luke 5




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: