Saturday, October 01, 2016

The Man Who Makes Himself Insignificant Will Find Himself Important.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Man
Who Makes Himself Insignificant
Will Find Himself Important.

 Scripture

Luke 14

11 “For those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.” NLT

11 “For everyone who makes himself important will become insignificant, while the man who makes himself insignificant will find himself important.” Phillips

Observation

Life is not all about me and life is not all about you either! Life is about everyone around us. I don’t know about you, but it is easy for me to get that mixed up. 

Some days it seems like I think more about me than those around me. Humility is hard to hold on to – once I think I have it – that is the moment I lose it! 

Don’t you laugh! 

Pride is the downfall for us all! It slips in without us knowing it. 

“Me” that guy is my biggest problem. “I” also messes me up! 

So what is the solution to this terrible problem we have called “Pride”? Here it is – “God First, Others Second, Eddy Third”. At my house it should always be God First, Kathy Second, Everybody Else Third, and Eddy Fourth! How about you? 

17 For the Kingdom of God is not a matter of what we eat or drink, but of living a life of goodness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. 18 If you serve Christ with this attitude, you will please God, and others will approve of you, too. 19 So then, let us aim for harmony in the church and try to build each other up. Romans 14:17-19

    But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Matthew 6:33

For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.” Mark 10:45 

Application

I will strive everyday to maintain my 3rd or 4th spot in life! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me deal with me, myself, and I today. I don’t want to be number 1. I want to keep You in that spot. Help me think about others today more than myself. Thank You for our family and our friends. Bless them today. Give them the desires of their hearts, answer their prayers, and make their plans successful. (Taken from Psalm 20)



Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 10,11,12; Psalms 126; Luke 14




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: