Tuesday, October 04, 2016

O LORD, What A Variety Of Things You Have Made!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O LORD,
What A Variety Of Things
You Have Made!


Scripture

Psalm 104

19 You made the moon to mark the seasons,
    and the sun knows when to set.


20 You send the darkness, and it becomes night,
    when all the forest animals prowl about.


21 Then the young lions roar for their prey,
    stalking the food provided by God.


22 At dawn they slink back
    into their dens to rest.


23 Then people go off to their work,
    where they labor until evening.

24 O Lord, what a variety of things you have made!
    In wisdom you have made them all.
    The earth is full of your creatures.


25 Here is the ocean, vast and wide,
    teeming with life of every kind,
    both large and small.



Observation

Take a few minutes today just to look around and think about the variety of everything that the Lord has made! None of us look the same!

We are all uniquely and wonderfully made! We have a Creator who loves variety!

The tendency though is for us to dislike and look down on people that God has made simply because He has made them with a different tone of skin or they learned to speak a different language than ours when they were growing up.

You and I are so unlike God when we let hatred, prejudice, and discrimination rule in our hearts.

Trust me. It is a worldwide problem not just a problem here in the USA.

Every country that Kathy and I have visited or lived in all had the same problem going on that we have!

There are so many things that I love about our church, but one of the things that tops the list is our cultural diversity! Red and Yellow, Black and White they are precious in His sight!

May you and I examine our hearts to make sure that we don’t allow or give any space to the hate that permeates our country today!

Application

I will guard my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for all the variety that I see all around me. Help me to celebrate it and not be critical of it. Don’t let me look down on anyone just because they are different than me. Everybody is different. Help me Lord to look at people through Your eyes. Give me Your heart for the people that You bring into my life. Thank You for creating me when You did and the way You did. Thank You for allowing me to be born in this country where I had the opportunity to hear the Gospel and turn to You for my salvation! You are Awesome Lord, totally Awesome!


Daily Bible Reading: Esther 1,2; Psalms 150; Luke 17; Psalm 4, Psalm 104, Psalm 140; Proverbs 4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: