Thursday, October 20, 2016

If My Misery Could Be weighed And My Troubles Be Put On The Scales, They Would Outweigh All The Sands Of The Sea.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

If My Misery Could Be weighed
And My Troubles Be Put On The Scales,
They Would Outweigh All The Sands Of The Sea.

Scripture

Job 6

“If my misery could be weighed
    and my troubles be put on the scales,
they would outweigh all the sands of the sea. That is why I spoke impulsively.


Job 7
5 My body is covered with maggots and scabs.
    My skin breaks open, oozing with pus.


Observation

The next time I am having a very bad rotten terrible kind of a day I want the Lord to remind me of Job 6:2-3 and Job 7:5! I don’t think my aches and pains and my minor troubles are anything compared to the sufferings of Job. In fact, my worst days are nothing to compared to what my Lord and my Savior Jesus Christ experienced for me. No pity party for me today! How about you? 

Isaiah 53

Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
    it was our sorrows that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
    a punishment for his own sins!

 
But he was pierced for our rebellion,
    crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
    He was whipped so we could be healed.


7 He was oppressed and treated harshly,
    yet he never said a word.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.
    And as a sheep is silent before the shearers,
    he did not open his mouth.


9 He had done no wrong
    and had never deceived anyone.
But he was buried like a criminal;
    he was put in a rich man’s grave.


“Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him” Job 13:15

Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. 2 Corinthians 4:10

Application

I will try hard not to complain about my small aches and pains and my little bit of suffering. How about you?



Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that what I am going through is “small potatoes” compared to what other people deal with. I know that the suffering that my Savior endured for me was beyond what I can even imagine. Help me focus on the needs of the people around me. I pray for those dealing with pain from either a disease or from the treatment for that disease. Show them that they can trust in You to help them during this difficult time. Show them Your Power. Give them Your Strength. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You have power over all disease and sickness. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 6,7,8; Acts 12

 
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: