Sunday, October 30, 2016

Their Hearts Were Too Hard To Take It In.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Their Hearts
Were Too Hard
To Take It In.



Scripture

Mark 6

47 Late that night, the disciples were in their boat in the middle of the lake, and Jesus was alone on land. 48 He saw that they were in serious trouble, rowing hard and struggling against the wind and waves. 

About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. He intended to go past them, 49 but when they saw him walking on the water, they cried out in terror, thinking he was a ghost. 50 They were all terrified when they saw him.

But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage! I am here!” 51 Then he climbed into the boat, and the wind stopped. They were totally amazed, 52 for they still didn’t understand the significance of the miracle of the loaves. Their hearts were too hard to take it in.



Observation


I am afraid that you and I miss so much of what God is doing around us because our hearts are not in the right condition to catch what is going on!

I am afraid that we are missing so much of what is happening around us. God is always at work!

What you and I need to have are hearts sensitive to the things of God.

Right before this boat experience they had watched Jesus feed the 5000 with 5 small loaves and 2 small fish, but totally missed the importance of the miracle.
Sorry to say it but you and I do the same thing.

God works miracle after miracle in our lives and in the lives of the people around us to show us that He is fully capable and willing to take care of us, but our hearts are too hard to take it in.

Here is His Word to us today, “Don’t be afraid. Take courage! I am here!”


 Application


 I will look to see where God is at work today and join Him. How about you?



Prayer


Heavenly Father, don’t let me miss a thing that You are doing today! Give me Your eyes and Your heart so I can see everything that is important for me to see. I don’t want to miss one thing! I pray for Pastor Bruce Moore today and for Pastor Brian Elliott. Use them in a power way today to preach Your word. Give them boldness. Give them Your love for the people that they shepherd and care for!


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 21; Mark 5,6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: