Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Then Who In The World Can Be Saved?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Then Who
In The World
Can Be Saved? 


Scripture

Luke 18

24 When Jesus saw this, he said, “How hard it is for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God!
 
25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the Kingdom of God!”

26 Those who heard this said, “Then who in the world can be saved?”

27 He replied, “What is impossible for people is possible with God.”

Observation


Ax murderers, serial killers, child molesters, Mother Teresa, and Billy Graham where would you place them on a morality ladder that reaches from us to God? 

You would probably place the ax murderers, serial killers, and child molesters way down at the bottom rung of the ladder. 

For certain you would place Mother Teresa higher up the ladder than those evil folks and you might place Billy Graham either slightly above or slightly below Mother Teresa. 

But both Mother Teresa and Billy Graham have both admitted that they were far from perfect and they would not dare place themselves all the way up to the top of the ladder. 

Where would you place yourself on this morality ladder? Think about it. 

You and I are not perfect. We don’t live perfect lives. No matter where are on this morality ladder there will still be a gap between God and us. 

Jesus Christ came to die on a cross to pay the penalty for our sins. He came to take care of that gap! 

What you and I must do is trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior and trust in what He did for us on the cross? Ready to close that gap? 

Ask Jesus to be your Lord and your Savior right now. 

Ask Him to forgive you of your sins. Ask Him to take care of that gap between you and God! 

What is impossible for people is possible with God!

Application


I will keep sharing with the people that God brings into my life the Good News that Jesus can save them from their sin. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. Thank You that I don’t have to depend on my goodness to get me into Heave or earn me a relationship with You. Thank You that even though I am a sinner and don’t deserve to be forgiven Jesus Christ died for me and gifted me with forgiveness. I am forgiven. I know that I will go to Heaven when I die not because I am good but because Jesus paid the penalty of my sins on the cross. Nothing is impossible for You! 



Daily Bible Reading:  Esther 3,4,5,6,7,8; Luke 18



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: