Sunday, October 09, 2016

Run From Anything That Stimulates Youthful Lusts.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Run
From Anything
That Stimulates Youthful Lusts. 

Scripture

2 Timothy 2

22 Run from anything that stimulates youthful lusts. Instead, pursue righteous living, faithfulness, love, and peace. Enjoy the companionship of those who call on the Lord with pure hearts.

1 Timothy 4

11 Teach these things and make sure everyone learns them well. 12 Don’t let anyone think little of you because you are young. Be their ideal; let them follow the way you teach and live; be a pattern for them in your love, your faith, and your clean thoughts.

I Timothy 4

16 Keep a close watch on all you do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others.

Observation

Run …don’t walk …Run … don’t linger… Run! Instead pursue living the way God intended for you to live. 

The Living Bible puts it this way, “Run from anything that gives you the evil thoughts that young men often have, but stay close to anything that makes you want to do right. Have faith and love, and enjoy the companionship of those who love the Lord and have pure hearts.” 

That’s why it is so important to be involved in worship every Sunday and committed to a community group and to be a part of Celebrate Recovery if you are fortunate enough to have CR that meets at your church.

The Apostle Paul was mentoring young Timothy in his faith! His words to Timothy are good words for us to put into practice this week!

I Timothy 4

16 Keep a close watch on all you do and think. Stay true to what is right and God will bless you and use you to help others.

Application
 
I will keep a close watch on all that I do and think. I will stay true to what is right so God will bless me and use me to help others.
 
Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is the day that You have made I will rejoice and be glad in it! Help me to run away from things that cause me to sin. Don’t let me do stupid sins that mess up my relationship with You and keep me from helping others. I pray for our pastors today as they preach. Use Pastor Brian and Pastor Bruce in a powerful way today in the lives of our people!


Daily Bible Reading:  Nehemiah 1,2; Psalms 133,134; Luke 22, Psalm 9, Psalm 109, Proverbs 9; 2 Timothy 2





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: