Friday, October 07, 2016

The Gray Hair Of Experience Is The Splendor Of The Old


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Gray Hair
Of Experience
Is The Splendor Of The Old



Scripture

Proverbs 20

29 The glory of the young is their strength;
    the gray hair of experience is the splendor of the old.


Observation


The splendor of our growing old is “experience” and “gray hair”. Well my hair turned gray a long time ago and then it turned loose! Seems like these golden years are full of trips to the doctor’s office to complain about aches and pains to which the doctor says is from having too many “birthdays”.

But for me at least, I have found some really wonderful things about these good ole days. They are called “Grandkids”! They are God’s reward for getting old! We have 10 of the best Grandkids in the world!

Another thing that God allows us to do when we get old (if we let him) is invest in the lives of younger couples and young single adults that God has brought into our lives. Hopefully our experience will help them avoid some of life’s potholes and traps!

To be honest I would love to have the strength that I once had when I was young, and not wake up each day to so many aches and pains, but honestly I am very okay with my gray (white) hair and with everything that comes with it!

Application


I will to my best not to act like an old grouch and I will invest my life and time in the lives of those around me.  How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for allowing me to live to be old. Help me enjoy every minute of life that You allow me to have. Don’t let me become a grouchy old person. Help me make a difference in the lives of those that you have placed in my path. 

I pray for my grandchildren today. Bless them. Help them to grow up with a love for You. Don’t let them miss out on what You want them to experience. 

I pray that all of my grandchildren will place their faith and their trust in You for their salvation. Help them to live an abundant life. Bring people into their lives that will involve them in church so that they can grow in the knowledge of You and Your Word. I pray that their parents would follow after You and set an example for our grandchildren! Nothing is too hard for You!



Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 7,8; Luke 20; Psalm 20, Psalm 120; Proverbs 20




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: