Saturday, October 15, 2016

So Guard Your Heart; Do Not Be Unfaithful To Your Wife


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

 
So Guard Your
Heart;
Do Not Be Unfaithful To Your Wife


Scripture

Malachi 2

14 You cry out, “Why doesn’t the Lord accept my worship?” I’ll tell you why! Because the Lord witnessed the vows you and your wife made when you were young. But you have been unfaithful to her, though she remained your faithful partner, the wife of your marriage vows.

15 Didn’t the Lord make you one with your wife? In body and spirit you are his. And what does he want? Godly children from your union. So guard your heart; remain loyal to the wife of your youth.

16 “For I hate divorce!” says the Lord, the God of Israel. “To divorce your wife is to overwhelm her with cruelty,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “So guard your heart; do not be unfaithful to your wife.”

Observation

In marriage “I love you” really means: “I promise to be there for you all of my days.” It is a promise that says, “I will be there when you lose your job, your health, your parents, your looks, your confidence, your friends. It is a promise that tells your partner, I’ll build you up; I will overlook your weaknesses; I’ll forgive your mistakes; I’ll put your needs above my own; I’ll stick by you when the going gets tough.”

I, _____________, in the presence of God, our family and friends, take you _______________, to be my friend, my lover, the mother of my children and my wife. I will be yours in times of plenty and in times of want, in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow, in times of failure and in times of triumph. I promise to cherish and respect you, to care and protect you, to comfort and encourage you, and stay with you, for all eternity. 

Maybe you and I need to renew those vows that we made before God and make some changes to get our marriages back where they should be!

Application

I will continue to work to make my marriage the very best. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such a great wife. Kathy puts You first in her life and that makes it easy for me to love her. Help me love her in the way that You intended. Help me not to be so selfish. Help me to think about her and her needs more than my own. Bless her today. May Your face shine on her with Your favor and with Your grace.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: