Thursday, October 13, 2016

O LORD, How Long Will You Forget Me? Forever?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O LORD,
How Long Will You Forget Me?
Forever? 


Scripture

Psalm 13

O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
    How long will you look the other way?
How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
    with sorrow in my heart every day?


Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
    Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.


But I trust in your unfailing love.
    I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord
    because he is good to me.


Observation

King David the Giant killer spent a lot of his time desperately crying out to his God for help!

Yes, there were times when he felt alone and afraid. And there must have been many days when it seemed to King David that God had forgotten him.

Maybe you are having some of King David’s low moments right now!

The truth, if we are honest, is that all of us have those kinds of lows because life is tough!

Life is brutal!

So what should we to do when we feel all alone and we feel like God is not hearing our cries for help?

We should do just what King David did – we should trust!

We should trust in God’s unfailing love. We should trust in God’s goodness.

And we should look back at how God has taken care of us in the past! Even though we can’t see His Hand we trust His Heart!

God is too wise to be mistaken
God is too good to be unkind
So when you don't understand
When don't see His plan
When you can't trace His hand
Trust His Heart   (Babbie Mason)


    “Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:6-7

    “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

 I read a Psalm almost everyday! When you are down and need to be lifted up remember that the book of Psalms is right in the middle of your Bible and very easy to find!

Application

I will trust the Lord with everything that I am dealing with right now. How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. Thank You for showing me that I can trust in You even when I am feeling bad and even when I am feeling low. You are my God. I know that I can trust You. I can trust in Your unfailing love. I will rejoice because you have rescued me. I will sing to You because You are good to me.


Daily Bible Reading:  Nehemiah 9,10; Acts 2; Psalm 13, Psalm 113; Proverbs 13

   




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: