Sunday, October 02, 2016

How Good To Sing Praises To Our God! How Delightful And How Fitting!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Good To Sing Praises
To Our God!
How Delightful And How Fitting!

Scripture

Psalm 147

Praise the Lord!
How good to sing praises to our God!
    How delightful and how fitting!


Observation

I drove up to Shalimar, Florida (near Destin) this weekend to see my younger sister Bea and her husband Norm.

All the way up from Tampa to Shalimar I listened to Christian music and praised the Lord!

When you get into your car you probably do the same thing! “Praise the LORD! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting!”

In just a few minutes hopefully you will be heading to a place of worship and you will have the opportunity to praise the LORD with a bunch of other Christians!

I pray that when you and I go this morning to worship that we will really and truly Praise the Lord!

Lets sing like we mean it. Lets actually focus on the lyrics and sing them intentionally to the Lord with all of our hearts!

Lets take off the roof with our Praise!

 Psalm 150

Praise the Lord!
Praise God in his sanctuary;
    praise him in his mighty heaven!
Praise him for his mighty works;
    praise his unequaled greatness!
Praise him with a blast of the ram’s horn;
    praise him with the lyre and harp!
Praise him with the tambourine and dancing;
    praise him with strings and flutes!
Praise him with a clash of cymbals;
    praise him with loud clanging cymbals.
Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!

Praise the Lord!


Application

I will praise the Lord in church today! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I look forward to singing praises to You this morning at Cinco Baptist Church in Ft. Walton Beach with my sister Bea and Norm and their family. I pray for my sister Bea this morning and her husband Norm as they deal with Bea having cancer. I pray for healing for Bea.  I pray for strength for the two of them and their children as they walk through this difficult time. Bless them Lord. Show them Your goodness. Do mighty and powerful things in their lives as they put their trust and faith in You. Nothing is too hard for You. You are All-Powerful.

I pray for those in Tampa that will celebrate and praise You today and for those who will be baptized at Ft. Desoto Beach. I pray for Dax and Ginger as they follow in believers’ baptism today. Help them to continue to grow in their faith. Bless them Lord!


Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 13,14; Psalms 147; Luke 15; Psalm 2, Psalm 102; Proverbs 2




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: