Tuesday, October 25, 2016

O LORD, I Give My Life To You


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

O LORD,
I Give
My Life To You

Scripture

Psalm 25

O Lord, I give my life to you.
    I trust in you, my God!


Observation

Five years ago yesterday I had a heart attack that has forever changed my life and Kathy’s life. I had the heart attack on Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10pm!

As I write this blog this morning 5 years later all I can say that it has been an amazing journey so far!

Fourteen hours in surgery trying to repair an aortic root dissection that went all the way down to my abdomen and blown away right coronary artery, 17 drip lines putting into my body over 100 pounds of fluids, a week in a coma, a month on kidney dialysis, months of not being able to have a taste for food, I could go on and on but I won’t!

I am here today because many of you prayed and asked God to save me and He did.

When I think back, which I do almost on a daily basis, my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude and joy thinking about how so many of you rallied around Kathy and my children and wouldn’t give up even though there was medically very little hope of me making it. When the surgeon told Kathy that there was less than a 5% chance of me making it from surgery up to ICU I think he was preparing Kathy for the worst!

Do I believe in miracles? Absolutely! Do I believe in the power of prayer? You bet! It was an unforgettable lesson in the power of prayer! All of you that prayed for me to pull through took away all doubt if there ever was any! Doctors and Nurses at St. Joseph Hospital called my recovery a miracle! May God get all the glory!

One day though I will die. Two times in the past 5 years my defibrillator/pacemaker has brought me back to life. But one day no amount of prayer, no pacemaker, no defibrillator are going to keep me from getting into Heaven when God calls me home.

…But…

But… until that day comes I want to live in a way that brings God glory and honor!

I want to keep telling people about Jesus and I hope that is your desire too.


Application

But… until that day comes I want to live in a way that brings God glory and honor!

I want to keep telling people about Jesus and I hope that is your desire too.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I think that it is only right that I think about what You did for me and for Kathy 5 years ago. You are a God of mercy and compassion. I didn’t deserve what You did for me. I understand that You did it for all of those that prayed for me more than You did it for me. I realize that I could have been in Heaven. I could have left this earth and all of its problems behind, but You heard the prayers of Your children and You did not take me home. One day You will take me home and You know that I am ready. You also know that I am not afraid to die. You have taken care of that fear by letting me die multiple times already. My life and my breath are in Your hands. What do I have to fear!


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 16; Acts 21,22,23; Psalm 25, Psalm 125; Proverbs 25




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: