Saturday, October 08, 2016

What Are Mere Mortals That You Should Think About Them, Human Beings That You Should Care About Them?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

What Are Mere Mortals That You Should Think About Them,
Human Beings
That You Should Care About Them? 



Scripture

Psalm 8

When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—
    the moon and the stars you set in place—
what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
    human beings that you should care for them?
Yet you made them only a little lower than God
    and crowned them with glory and honor.
You gave them charge of everything you made,
    putting all things under their authority—
the flocks and the herds
    and all the wild animals,
the birds in the sky, the fish in the sea,
    and everything that swims the ocean currents.

O Lord, our Lord, your majestic name fills the earth!

Observation

How can a loving God allow such a destructive storm to hit us, even worse than us how could God allow Hurricane Matthew to clobber the poorest country in our hemisphere, the country of Haiti? 

You and I will never understand tragic events! 

Storms, wars, fatal accidents, disease, and unexpected deaths, how can these occur if our God is a God of love?

I can’t answer the question of suffering in this simple blog. I couldn’t answer that question if I had all day to write and you had all day to read. 

So what do you and I do when we don’t understand why something happens? We trust. We trust in the goodness of God. He is All-Powerful. He is All-Knowing and we (my friends) are not.

Pastor Bruce recently preached a message from Luke 13 where Jesus shared this with his disciples:

    “About this time Jesus was informed that Pilate had murdered some people from Galilee as they were sacrificing at the Temple in Jerusalem. [2] "Do you think those Galileans were worse sinners than other people from Galilee?" he asked. "Is that why they suffered? [3] Not at all! And you will also perish unless you turn from your evil ways and turn to God.”

.......

All of the evil in this world, including destructive weather patterns, are a result of sin and sins impact on our world. You and I are not immune or protected from all the suffering that sin has caused and continues to cause in our world. 

John 16:33
    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Hurricane Matthew is a powerful reminder that you and I need to repent and get our hearts right with God.


   
Application

I will trust God’s heart when I can’t see His hand in what is going on around me! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that as long as I am on this side of Heaven I will never understand all of the suffering that goes on in this world. My hope and confidence is in the fact that Jesus has conquered this evil world. One day this will all change. I look forward to that day! You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords! You are at work in the middle of our storms. You have given me peace in the middle of my storms! You care about us! Your majestic name fills the earth!


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 9,10; Psalms 131; Luke 21




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: