Monday, October 10, 2016

When The Storms Of Life Come, … The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When The Storms Of Life Come, …
The
Godly Have A Lasting Foundation



Scripture

Proverbs 10

25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
    but the godly have a lasting foundation.



Matthew 7

24 “Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. 26 But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. 27 When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”

Observation

When the storms of life come, not if, but when they come will they whirl you away?

 You and I are either in a storm, just passing through a storm, or getting ready to head into one. 

How do I know? 

Because Jesus said in John 16:33, “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” 

A godly person is not someone who is perfect, but someone who strives to daily live in obedience to what God says in His Word. 

So will the next storm whirl you away or do you have an Anchor that will hold? 

Hebrews 6:24 “Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.”

Psalm 9:9 “The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.”

Psalm 46:1 “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.”

Psalm 119:114 “You are my refuge and my shield; your word is my source of hope.”

Application

Jesus is my Anchor. He is my refuge. I will trust Him during the storms of life! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that if we didn’t have storms and if our faith was never tested then there would be no need to have faith in You. Storms do come into our lives. We live everyday with trouble of one kind or another. You are my refuge. You are my Hope. I put my trust in You. Help me to live in obedience today. Help me not to yield to sin and temptation. You are my Refuge! You are my Anchor! I am holding on to You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Nehemiah 3,4; Luke 23; Psalm 10, Psalm 110, Proverbs 10




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: