Monday, November 14, 2016

Be Strong And Immovable. Always Work Enthusiastically For The Lord, For You Know That Nothing You Do For The Lord Is Ever Useless.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Be Strong And Immovable.
Always Work Enthusiastically For The Lord,
For You Know That Nothing You Do For The Lord Is Ever Useless. 


Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

Yesterday, I had asked a team of volunteers to help grill steaks for a special Mission’s lunch after church.

My team served enthusiastically. They were serving the Lord.

Tired? Yes, I am sure that everyone that helped serve yesterday left tired, just like most volunteers that serve on any given Sunday do.

But without people volunteering to serve there is no church! Our church works because people sacrifice time and energy to serve God by serving people!

Special thanks to everyone that served and helped yesterday – doesn’t matter whether it was at our church or yours – Thanks!

A little warning to all of us who volunteer and this is coming from my own personal experience, “Burn out happens when I forget “Who” I am serving!”

 Application

I will look at how I can serve the Lord enthusiastically this week! How about you?


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word today. What I read in 1 Corinthians 15 was just what I needed this morning! Everyday we have the opportunity to think about what we are doing and “Who” we are really serving! It is easy for me to see everything that I think is wrong with something, and miss what You are doing in the middle of what I see as a mess! Help me to stay focused. Help me to serve You enthusiastically. I know that it is what You have called me to do!


Daily Bible Reading:  Psalms 149; 1 Corinthians 15,16





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: