Wednesday, November 09, 2016

So I Urge You To Imitate Me


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


So
I Urge You
To Imitate Me


Scripture

I Corinthians 4

16 So I urge you to imitate me.

Observation                     

In our crazy upside down totally crazy world that we live in where morality and even basic common decency has gone out the window lets not blame our leaders or our so called leaders, because they are just a reflection of who we have become as a people.

Lets change the way we live and the way we act so others can imitate us!

I know that the Apostle Paul’s statement, “Imitate me” may seem arrogant at first glance, but it is just what the Lord Jesus Christ is calling us to do – to live in a way that others see Jesus in us.

Dad, I hope that you are living your life in a way that your kids and your wife can see Jesus in you. Can we say, “Imitate me”?

 Application

I want to live my life in a way that people can imitate.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, as I read what the Apostle Paul says in this passage I know that he is laying down a challenge to me. Help me to live my life close to You. Don’t let me be a stumbling block to anyone that needs to see Jesus in me.

I pray for my children and my grandchildren. Help them see Jesus in me. I pray that they would make the choice to put You first in their lives. Show them that they can trust in You. Show them how different that their life could be by living in a closer relationship to You. Bless them Lord. Give them spiritual understanding. Flood their hearts with light today so that they can see all that You have for them. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4,5,6; Psalm 9, Psalm 109; Proverbs 9




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: