Saturday, November 19, 2016

Prove By The Way You Live That You Have Repented Of Your Sins And Turned To God.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Prove By The Way
You Live
That You Have Repented Of Your Sins And Turned To God. 

Scripture

Matthew 3

8 Prove by the way you live that you have repented of your sins and turned to God.

Observation

Good Works won’t save anybody – that is very true, but if you and I are still living the same old way and still doing the same old sins Monday thru Saturday and coming to church on Sunday looking and acting like a saint - then something stinks!

 John the Baptist would call you and me, my friend, “Poisonous Snakes”. 

Pharisees and Sadducees acted one way when they were with church people and another way when they were not! 

It is true that we are all sinners, but there should be a marked difference in the way we live our lives 24/7! 

If there is not then we need to repent and get our hearts right with God. God wants to use you and He wants to use me for His Kingdom. 

He wants us to bring Him glory, but He can’t if we are only have half-heartedly committed to following Him. 

2 Corinthians 5:17 

    What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun! 

Matthew 5:16 

    In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

   


   


   

Application

Show me anything in my life that is not pleasing to You Lord so that I can stop it. And give me the inner strength to let it go.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we are all slaves to something. Don’t let me be a slave to sin. I want to be a slave only to You. Show me anything in my life that doesn’t please You. Help me to walk close to You today. I pray for others that may be reading this blog who may be living life with some contradictions in his or her walk. Help them to repent and confess it as sin. Give them the strength to turn from anything and everything that does not bring You glory. Help the men and women I know be 100% sold out to You. Help them to walk in victory today as mighty men and women of God!

Daily Bible Reading:  Matthew 1,2,3,4




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: