Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Even When There Was No Reason For Hope, Abraham Kept Hoping – Believing That He Would Become The Father Of Many Nations.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Even When There Was No Reason For Hope,
Abraham Kept Hoping –
Believing That He Would Become The Father Of Many Nations. 




Scripture

Romans 4

18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping—believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, “That’s how many descendants you will have!” 19 And Abraham’s faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead—and so was Sarah’s womb.

20 Abraham never wavered in believing God’s promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises.

 22 And because of Abraham’s faith, God counted him as righteous. 23 And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn’t just for Abraham’s benefit. It was recorded 24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.
 
Observation

You know the story; Abraham was 100 years old when God finally gave him his son Isaac.
Here is an amazing part of the story that you might have missed; Abraham’s faith grew stronger and stronger as he got older and older! 

Amazing! 

He must have been thinking to himself, “Lord, I don’t know how You are going to do this with this old body of mine but I know that you are going to do it – and then God finally did it! 

There are some things in my life that I am by faith waiting on God to do. How about you? There is still some of my family that I am still waiting to see live and walk in a close relationship with the Lord. 

And I am fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises. How about you?

Application

I will hold on to all of God’s promises. How about you? 


John 16:24
    Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete.

   



Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to have the faith of Abraham. Help my faith to grow stronger and stronger everyday. Don’t let me doubt You for a minute. Nothing is too hard for You.

Ephesians 3:20

    Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,

   

Daily Bible Reading:  Romans 1,2,3,4



> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



> I have made it a habit to pray for those who read this blog! I enjoy lifting you and your family up to the Lord in prayer.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: