Wednesday, November 23, 2016

I Will Build My Church And All The Powers Of Hell Will Not Conquer It.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Will Build My
Church
And All The Powers Of Hell Will Not Conquer It. 

Over that past 47 years of marriage Kathy and I have had the opportunity to be a part of many different churches in different parts of the country and in many different parts of the world. With everything that you and I might find wrong with “church” it is still the most powerful living force on this planet. Nothing is going to stop it! It is impacting and changing culture everywhere.

Scripture

Matthew 16

17 Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being.
 
18 Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it.
 
19 And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.”

Observation

Over that past 47 years of marriage Kathy and I have had the opportunity to be a part of many different churches in different parts of the country and in many different parts of the world.

With everything that you and I might find wrong with “church” it is still the most powerful living force on this planet. Nothing is going to stop it! It is impacting and changing culture everywhere.

I first started going to church 48 years because I wanted to sit by a pretty teenager named Kathy!

Over the past 48 years I have watched hundreds and hundreds of people attending that same church have their lives completely transformed, one miracle after another!

It is not a perfect church; it is most definitely still a work in progress, but it is a wonderful powerful place where God is constantly changing lives!

My life was radically and forever changed by the power of Jesus Christ through His church!

Application

I look forward to being at church tonight for the Thanksgiving Prayer Service!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I think about how powerful Your church is working all over the world it amazes me. No matter where I go in this world I know that You are at work. Where there is no church there soon will be one, because You are sending out missionaries to take the Gospel to those places. Nothing is going to stop Your church. It will complete its mission! Help me to be a part of what You are doing. Don’t let me lose Your vision for what You are doing in and through our congregation. 


Daily Bible Reading:  Matthew 14,15,16





Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: