Friday, November 18, 2016

Give Thanks To The LORD, For He Is Good!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Give Thanks
To The LORD,
For He Is Good!


Scripture

Psalm 118

21 I thank you for answering my prayer
    and giving me victory!

29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!
    His faithful love endures forever.


Observation

Have you noticed that Halloween and Christmas have swallowed up Thanksgiving! Both Halloween and Christmas have become such big commercial moneymaking holidays that stores hardly stock anything that has to do with Thanksgiving!

So I thought I would start a little early and begin today to give Thanks!

What are you thankful for?

Thank you Lord for my family, especially Kathy. Thank you Lord for my friends. Thank you Lord for my health.

Thank you Lord for You are good!


Psalm 100

Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
    Worship the Lord with gladness.
    Come before him, singing with joy.
Acknowledge that the Lord is God!
    He made us, and we are his.
    We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Enter his gates with thanksgiving;
    go into his courts with praise.
    Give thanks to him and praise his name.
For the Lord is good.
    His unfailing love continues forever,
    and his faithfulness continues to each generation.


Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.  1 Chronicles 16:8

Psalm 50:23  “But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me.”

Last year Kathy started a gratitude journal with the goal of writing down 1,000 things that she is thankful for! So far she has about 850 things written down that she is thankful for and is heading quickly now towards 1,000!

Application

I will offer the sacrifice of “Thanksgiving” today to my Lord. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, just as I love to hear it when my children and my grandchildren say the words “Thank you!” I know that You love to hear it too! In fact, You say that it is a sacrifice that truly honors You. So right now I want to say to You – Thank You! Thank You for giving me the life that You have allowed me to live. I am rich. I am so blessed. I have the best friends in the world. You have blessed Kathy and I with wonderful children and grandchildren and You have generously provided for us. Thank You. Thank You. Thank You!


Daily Bible Reading:  Psalms 124; 2 Corinthians 11,12,13; Psalm 18, Psalm 118; Proverbs 18




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: